Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

07C: Time Limit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

CAN'T DED THE FISHBED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
Okay so I'm having real problems with this mission. Basically, I either blow myself up or get shot down by the damn F-14s.

First few tries were with the Fregata, it does OK for taking out the targets without putting yourself at too much of a risk but then the dogfight at the end sees me get owned every time. (either that, or the F-14s shoot me down while I'm bombing)

Tried it with a Forneus too but that ended up even more painful because the way I tweaked it means I can only take a single missile hit (on Hard) before dying, whereas the Fregata I have can take 2 hits. Plus the G-force counter gets psycho with even the slightest turn because the Forneus is so much more agile. I used the Extra Ladder part and flew almost exclusively with the D-pad when using it.

Using diffusion coat for Forneus and AAM Jammer for Fregata and fly low as possible but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Any tips?

(also, how the heck do you get the star unit, it's impossible :mellow: )

Lerajie

Lerajie

Yui-chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
This mission is ridiculous... Im playing it now on my psp...

OKAY! so i finished it after my 3rd try on HARD with an F-16, my way of doing it:

- Stay at a low altitude, i kept below 1500 feet. Don't worry about the F-14's they shouldn't attack you while you are at a low altitude.

- Aim by using the top of the outer circle of the bomb pipper.
Posted Image

- Before dropping the bomb, climb and then dive towards the gas, then drop the bomb.

- Unless you have a death wish, DO NOT USE THE AFTERBURNER WHILE TURNING!!!1!!!11

- Using the D-Pad helps alot, but don't use it too much as it turns way too slowly.

- DO NOT make very sharp turns. What I did is constantly tap the joystick in the direction i needed to go.

- DO NOT engage the F-14's until the gas has been neutralized.

Try to follow the path of the gas:
Posted Image
(Gas #12 appeared on mine 1 out of my 3 tries, so just be aware it of just in case)

After the gas has been neutralized, the overheating will stop, so you can engage the enemy aircraft as you please.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Hows my paintings? :mellow:

Lerajie.

Edited by Lerajie, 07 April 2009 - 08:38 AM.

Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

CAN'T DED THE FISHBED

• Members
  • 4,033 posts
Ah, finally got it (plus the F-35 ace, but no star unit). Cheers for the map :lol: S-rank'd too.

Used Fregata with:

* no engine upgrade
* Extra Ladder (makes flying with D-pad much better)
* no armour
* Destructive MSSL
* AAM Jammer

komatos

komatos

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Been awhile since I did this mission, but from what I remember I used the A-10, since it has the lowest top speed and maneuverability it's less prone to getting the G-force gauge to rise quickly. Getting the star unit was a major PITA, but I ended up getting it after quite a few tries with a few different planes. Think I ended up choosing a plane with good armor (like the A-10) that could take a few hits before dying, that way I was able to chase that start unit plane way up in the sky.

Edited by komatos, 07 April 2009 - 05:15 PM.

YF-23 Black Widow II

YF-23 Black Widow II

Back 4 ACJA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Use F-117, no afterburner means low G Force

But very terrible maneuver

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
My way of doing it is similar to how Lerajie did it. The only difference is that I go for #12 first and then #10.

little ace

little ace

ひぐらしのなくころに

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
I used the A-10, and shot the F-35C Ace down. Pretty hard when you're carrying unstable devices.

Ah, finally got it (plus the F-35 ace, but no star unit). Cheers for the map :lol: S-rank'd too.

You do realize that the star unit is the E-767 flying in altitude above 1500 Feet while you're still carrying the NTRL... :)

follow the path of the gas

Yeah, i did it too. But i couldn't find the #12 Gas, i only got through #11 and that's all. Go eliminate the enemies... :)

Gelb 6

Gelb 6

Nos servo nostrum Era Evangeline per nostrum ago

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

I used the A-10, and shot the F-35C Ace down. Pretty hard when you're carrying unstable devices.

You do realize that the star unit is the E-767 flying in altitude above 1500 Feet while you're still carrying the NTRL... :lol:

Yeah, i did it too. But i couldn't find the #12 Gas, i only got through #11 and that's all. Go eliminate the enemies... :)

Tip for the star unit, when you destroy the first cynocrine go full afterburner and head for it, if your MPG meter is nearing the other end just press the breaks for a short time.

There are 12 gasses in all, maybe people just confuse it with 11 because 2 gasses are so close together they look like 1.

little ace

little ace

ひぐらしのなくころに

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Tip for the star unit, when you destroy the first cynocrine go full afterburner and head for it, if your MPG meter is nearing the other end just press the breaks for a short time.

There are 12 gasses in all, maybe people just confuse it with 11 because 2 gasses are so close together they look like 1.

Or maybe the gases in my ACX appeared in the other way...

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #12, #10, #11.

Cause i remembered the last gas i should bomb is just across the river... ;)

Ofnir Leader

Ofnir Leader

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
This "gas" mission is similar to AC5, it depends, if you awnser Choppers question about "face of teh coin", you choose yes or no, I think you get this similar mission where you neutralize gas with bombs, though you dont have to destroy any fighters. U just has to chase teh Osean robberz!

SR-71A Blackbird

SR-71A Blackbird

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I did this on S-Rank Ace first try with X-02 Wyvern (not sure of engines etc.)

I used the AfterBurners at the start of the mission to get to the first gas site quicker, but I gradually gained speed (speed stayed up, whilst letting the Pressure drop), as for turning, tap the stick.

mintyace

mintyace

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

I did this on S-Rank Ace first try with X-02 Wyvern (not sure of engines etc.)

I used the AfterBurners at the start of the mission to get to the first gas site quicker, but I gradually gained speed (speed stayed up, whilst letting the Pressure drop), as for turning, tap the stick.

Good reply SR-71A-I've done the mission dozens of times,just try to use the D-pad and not the thumb stick and keep building up speed slowly. :rolleyes:

Edited by mintyace, 05 October 2010 - 03:37 PM.

Redout

Redout

hi im 12 and what is this i dont even

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Best plane I've used for this mission is the A-6E. I've been able to use the thumbstick while flying the plane and you can go full throttle with the A-6 without too much pressure incurred. It's awesome.

Also, the A-6E has better air-to-air than the game lets on, I think…it locks to air targets much more easily than the Thunderbolt II does, even though the A-10 supposedly has better A2A.

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • 4,758 posts
I think I had unlocked the FALKEN by this point in my Ace S-rank runs, so I used that with an AAM Jammer and some kind of armor that gave me at least one free missile hit I could survive. Took a couple of tries, but needless to say, once the gloves were off, EVERYTHING went downhill for the bad guys.

Redout

Redout

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
The meter gets F-CK-1ing hard between Hard and Ace.

Any tips on getting this bastard's goat on Ace?

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
Use the F-117. It'll let you use full throttle during the neutralizing portion without upping the G forces.

Or if you want to use what ever plane you want, don't hold any button or the analog stick for more than a second for the first part. After that, just continue as normal.

Redout

Redout

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
I'm needing something that's a bit agile so that missing the neutralizers doesn't completely kill the mission any time I miss lol. It's not like AC6 where I have checkpoints unfortunately.

F-16CJ (ES)

F-16CJ (ES)

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
I hate the 2 arrogant F-14D's in the mission. But it's funny when they say "Dammit He escaped!".

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,904 posts
For this mission, I prefer the F-2. Dunno why.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
I use the Fregeta with Hydra engine, the best wing it can have, homing missiles, advanced armour and sniper OS

Seems to work for me. just try not to speed to much. the star unit is REALLY hard to get but with the sniper, it should be a lot easier to do. plus it can take to hits.

i can't really give you help... sorry :(