Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AC#Z Ace names/call sign translations

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack
....... We knew that already, in English, Cipher is a code, and I like to think that Ustio is the counterpart to France, with the Belkan/German invasion, also with the foreign legion (mercs).

RazgrizRogue

RazgrizRogue

Scrub McNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Squad:Funky Squadron
  • Plane:Ka-25 Hormone

Pitomnik - can be translated as Arboretum, Brooder, Hatchery, Seminary, etc depending on the context. A weird name for a battleship, in russian it sounds just silly and not the least bit ominous.
Gumrak - Such a word doesn't exist, but there's a town named Gumrak in southwestern Russia.

Ok, I know this post is very old, but, Pitomnik and Gumrak are actually airfields just outside of Stalin/Volgograd that hosted some fairly large concentrations of German planes during the Battle of Stalingrad. Gumrak is now Volgograd International Airport

Just thought someone would find that interesting....

Edited by RazgrizRogue, 27 March 2011 - 09:04 PM.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW 'Lancers'
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

....... We knew that already, in English, Cipher is a code, and I like to think that Ustio is the counterpart to France, with the Belkan/German invasion, also with the foreign legion (mercs).

i was saying that for the people what didn't know or forgive this comparationPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users