Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Official Ace Combat Zero Easter Egg thread.

• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

Dark Prince 7

Dark Prince 7

Sheep Herder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • Squad:X-S : Demonic Angels
  • Plane:Su-27 Flanker-B
Not Every. The ace squadrons you face are chosen at random.

Finish it fast enough on Ace mode , and you'll get to meet a pilot named "Mobius" :P

klintc

klintc

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Also in the Assault Records section. When you shoot down Ace No. 101 it has a Su-37 in Yellow Scheme with the name Erich Klinsman.

No.101-Erich Klinsman
Callsign-Reiher
Age-25
Sex-Male
Country-Belka

For the bio it says detailed information not available. Could this possibly be Yellow 13? Does the mysterious AC4 pilot get a name or is it a future Yellow squad member?

I'm thinking it might be 13, actually, because "reiher" is German for "heron." It's a long shot, but that may refer to the birds that take flight in AC04's intro cutscene when 13 makes his first kill.

Guest_MistakenID_*

Guest_MistakenID_*
  • Guests
Man Mobius is freakin crazy. He seems to be able to fire 4 XMAA/QAAM's at once. He fires from about 14000 feet away and the missles follow you forever. Not to mention he can literaly turn on a dime. He owned me about 4 times before I got cheap and used the MPBM, and when I looked back and saw his plane on fire a little part of me died. Salute Mobius One still the greatest Ace in the History of Ace Combat.

Dark Prince 7

Dark Prince 7

Sheep Herder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • Squad:X-S : Demonic Angels
  • Plane:Su-27 Flanker-B
Mobius One = GOD.
End of story.Goodbye.

griffon_one

griffon_one

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

I'm thinking it might be 13, actually, because "reiher" is German for "heron." It's a long shot, but that may refer to the birds that take flight in AC04's intro cutscene when 13 makes his first kill.

Err...those birds were ducks :D

Clint

Clint

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Plane:F-14B Bombcat
That's weird, they changed it, mabey they forgot about it, but I think it has to do with Japanese, there is no difference between R's and L's in Japan, that is why Galm should be Garm.

Guest_Miracle_man_*

Guest_Miracle_man_*
  • Guests
what does Garm or Galm mean anyway?

Inquisitor

Inquisitor

Rookie

• Members
  • 33 posts
Garm is like the cerberus of Norse mythology.

Guest_Miracle_man_*

Guest_Miracle_man_*
  • Guests
now we know where the Galm squad emblem came from

SOC

SOC

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Squad:CC, 2 AF, JSAEW
  • Plane:Rafale M

Has anyone managed to shoot down the SR-71 Ace in the mission were you destroy Excalibur? Is hard cause hes fast and it takes a while to catch him, plus the Excalibur is trying to disintrigate you.

I noticed the Blackbird for the first time the second time I played through the game. The FLANKER I was riding just wasn't up to the challenge of chasing it. Neither was the X-02 after I restarted to try and kill it. So I gave up...for a while. The third time I went through, I rode a FOXHOUND. Speed was no longer a problem, although trying to dodge the Excalibur and shoot the jammers at the same time did lead to a few...er..."nonsanctioned landings". Anyway, I took out the two on the left first, then the one on the far right with the AH-64 nearby, and then hit the last jammer. Blow it up, climb in full throttle, and the Blackbird is meat. Easily. It just really helps to be flying a FOXHOUND to give you the extra bit of speed and acceleration to catch it.

Tornado ADV

Tornado ADV

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
Yeah, I tried doing in intercept in the F-2A once. No Dice by far, you need to do a Angle intercept or Head-On intercept, otherwise, he'll outrun you all the way to the Combat Zone Limit.

Mobius

Mobius

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Plane:XFA-27
Hresvelgr

In Norse mythology, Hræsvelgr, (Corpse Swallower), is a giant. According to Vafþrúðnismál the wind is a product of Hræsvelgr sitting at the end of the skies in eagle shape, beating his wings. Hræsvelgr is believed by some to be identical to the eagle that sits in the crown of Yggdrasill, but the primary sources do not confirm this.

Hræsvelgr's name is sometimes anglicized as "Hræsvelg", "Hraesvelgr" or "Hraesvelg". The common Danish form is "Ræsvelg" and the common Swedish form is "Räsvelg".

Cipher/Zero Connection

It seems Cipher and Zero (I mean the title, "Ace Combat: Zero") has some connection

Ciphers
A cipher is an algorithm for performing encryption (and the reverse, decryption) — a series of well-defined steps that can be followed as a procedure. An alternative term is encipherment.

The original information is known as plaintext, and the encrypted form as ciphertext. The ciphertext message contains all the information of the plaintext message, but is not in a format readable by a human or computer without the proper mechanism to decrypt it; it should resemble random gibberish to those not intended to read it.

The operation of a cipher usually depends on a piece of auxiliary information, called a key or, in traditional NSA parlance, a cryptovariable. The encrypting procedure is varied depending on the key, which changes the detailed operation of the algorithm. A key must be selected before using a cipher to encrypt a message. Without the same key, it should be difficult, if not impossible, to decrypt the resulting ciphertext into readable plaintext.

"Cipher" is alternatively spelled "cypher"; similarly "ciphertext" and "cyphertext", and so forth. The word descends from the Arabic word for zero: ṣifr or ÕöÝúÑ, like (the Italian) zero (which remained in use for 0, the crucial innovation in positional Arabic versus Roman numerals) but soon was used for any decimal digit, even any number. There are also etymological roots to the Middle French word cifre, and the Mediaval Latin cifra, both of which are probably originated from the Arabic root. While it may have come to mean encoding because that often involved numbers, a theory says conservative Catholic opponents of the Arabic (heathen) numerals equated it with any 'dark secret'.

(credit goes to Electrosphere)

Spectre

Spectre

Führer of Corporated Spira

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Location:On 360, trying to win back Gracemeria. I think I got it this time. XD
  • Squad:Sins & Saints
  • Plane:F-5E Tiger II

Man Mobius is freakin crazy. He seems to be able to fire 4 XMAA/QAAM's at once. He fires from about 14000 feet away and the missles follow you forever. Not to mention he can literaly turn on a dime. He owned me about 4 times before I got cheap and used the MPBM, and when I looked back and saw his plane on fire a little part of me died. Salute Mobius One still the greatest Ace in the History of Ace Combat.

lol i saluted him after i shot him down B)

after i shot down those Yf-23's our showdown laster for 5 mins. My palms were sweating and i was about to lose it. but in the end one shot of my last XLAA up his engine....... :) B). Srry Mobious Fanboys but there is a new greatest Ace in the AC world!!

all hail me!! and My Wyvern!! ^_^ :D

Guest_Miracle_man_*

Guest_Miracle_man_*
  • Guests
it also made a reference to the Kestrel

Spectre

Spectre

Führer of Corporated Spira

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Location:On 360, trying to win back Gracemeria. I think I got it this time. XD
  • Squad:Sins & Saints
  • Plane:F-5E Tiger II
Hmmm..?

Adler Braun[u]
Hebelbank
Male
Belka

06.06.95 Operation Ravage- Killed in Action

Has not been heard from since Operation Ravage. The last recording on the communication log indicated that he was trying to escape from the nuclear bomb site. Soon after the cease-fire, he was "officially" deemed a casualty of war.

Could it be?......

Zadkiel

Zadkiel

Captain Troy Handsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Squad:International Rescue
  • Plane:Mirage 2000C

I noticed the Blackbird for the first time the second time I played through the game. The FLANKER I was riding just wasn't up to the challenge of chasing it. Neither was the X-02 after I restarted to try and kill it. So I gave up...for a while. The third time I went through, I rode a FOXHOUND. Speed was no longer a problem, although trying to dodge the Excalibur and shoot the jammers at the same time did lead to a few...er..."nonsanctioned landings". Anyway, I took out the two on the left first, then the one on the far right with the AH-64 nearby, and then hit the last jammer. Blow it up, climb in full throttle, and the Blackbird is meat. Easily. It just really helps to be flying a FOXHOUND to give you the extra bit of speed and acceleration to catch it.

Yeah, I tried doing in intercept in the F-2A once. No Dice by far, you need to do a Angle intercept or Head-On intercept, otherwise, he'll outrun you all the way to the Combat Zone Limit.

I nailed the blackbird with my Su-37 when it was equipped with the FAEB so I used the reg missiles. Which F-2 is it cause I've shot down every F-2 I've come across.

Nyx_One

Nyx_One

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
I can only guess that he's referring to Roller, an F-2 ace.

Guest_Miracle_man_*

Guest_Miracle_man_*
  • Guests
June 6, the day that Belka nuked the Waldreich mountians, is the same date as D-day in WWII when the US invaded Europe

Clint

Clint

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Plane:F-14B Bombcat
Yeah, I noticed that the first time I played AC5. But they dont seem to be similar that much, and could just be a coinceidence.

Tornado ADV

Tornado ADV

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
I'm referring to intercepting the SR-71 Ace with a F-2A, not splashing the F-2A Ace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users