Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Official Ace Combat Zero Easter Egg thread.

• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack

hey i did my homework about the splotches on the radars and i saw one of the castles in the mission where pixy betrays you

That's Steir Castle, not really an easter egg, but yeah.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW 'Lancers'
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
That is Stier Castle, the same that XB-0 mission and the Harling's rescue in AC5.

Ender

Ender

Black Phoenix One

• Members
  • 6,122 posts
  • Squad:12th Air Division, LLC
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

This reeks of the kind of members we don't want here. Please redact this post and never post anything like this ever again.

As this post makes no sense in context, I do hope this is a mispost intended for another communication venue.

Bot post delete. 13, i messed up and forgot to get his name so you could neuter him . On my phone, my black

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW: The Lancers
  • Plane:F/A-18C Hornet
His name is superjersey23. Newest member.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Bot post delete. 13, i messed up and forgot to get his name so you could neuter him . On my phone, my black

His name is superjersey23. Newest member.

Neutered. Thank you both. :)

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW: The Lancers
  • Plane:F/A-18C Hornet
Anything to help keep the forums clean. Now, back to topic-related posting...

I like samiches

I like samiches

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Squad:I am looking for a friendly squadron.
  • Plane:F/A-18F Super Hornet
I dont know if this was posted or not but in the opening cutscene for Zero, they used some of the second opening cutscene for AC5 when Genette or what ever his name is was flying with Bartlett and was filming the F-5s.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
A lot of scenes from AC5 were used in ACZ again:

The F-5s scene.
The 7 nuclear explosions
The ground zero on Waldreich Mountains
The "Looking outta the window to the craters"

And I think there are more.

I like samiches

I like samiches

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Squad:I am looking for a friendly squadron.
  • Plane:F/A-18F Super Hornet
Oh yeah. But I decided to play AC5 and ACZ in the same day and when i saw the first cutscene, well you get the point.

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW The Lancers
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II
The manual has one in. though I think somebody else pointed this out.

Shika

Shika

Easy come, easy go

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
lol, not exactly an easter egg but nowhere else to post this, I'm assuming anyone in this thread has beaten ACZ so...

In Stage of Apocalypse if you have Pixy set to DSP GRND he won't actually attack you at all

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

lol, not exactly an easter egg but nowhere else to post this, I'm assuming anyone in this thread has beaten ACZ so...

You don't say?

In Stage of Apocalypse if you have Pixy set to DSP GRND he won't actually attack you at all

I know that...

drgreen19

drgreen19

Noob

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Plane:Su-47 Firkin
In the cutscene with Anthony Palmer, you can see the text (it is very hard to read and faded) "http://www.acecombat.co.jp" on the billboard behind the office building.

In the closing credits, screenshots of the former Belkan warzone can be seen, c.2005.

The Avalon Dam Facility very vaguely reminds me of Megalith, except with obvious differences... But since Megalith was completed 10 years after the Belkan War, and was designed to serve as a launch platform for similar weapons, could the missile destroyed in the final mission of AC04 actually be a V2 warhead?

NiceShotJackson

NiceShotJackson

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts
Anybody else see all the connections between Ace Combat 2 and Ace Combat 0 & 5?!

C.L.W

C.L.W

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Squad:AWWNB
  • Plane:ADFX-02 Morgan

In the cutscene with Anthony Palmer, you can see the text (it is very hard to read and faded) "http://www.acecombat.co.jp" on the billboard behind the office building.

In the closing credits, screenshots of the former Belkan warzone can be seen, c.2005.

The Avalon Dam Facility very vaguely reminds me of Megalith, except with obvious differences... But since Megalith was completed 10 years after the Belkan War, and was designed to serve as a launch platform for similar weapons, could the missile destroyed in the final mission of AC04 actually be a V2 warhead?

If you look closely, a Grunder Industries emblem can be seen on the missile in AC04. Also, in mission 10, you can watch grabacr 1 shoot down both Pops and Heartbreak 1, and he will come after you next. Usually Pixy gets him before he locks on, but he is still easy to shoot down and is not like the Schwarze team.

In the Gauntlet, Mobius seems to blackout several times during the mission after high g maneuvers. Oddly enough, if he does not wake up in time, you can kill him with 4 missiles.

Edited by C.L.W, 03 February 2014 - 05:47 PM.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

If you look closely, a Grunder Industries emblem can be seen on the missile in AC04.

Can you provide a confirming screenshot?

Also, in mission 10, you can watch grabacr 1 shoot down both Pops and Heartbreak 1, and he will come after you next. Usually Pixy gets him before he locks on, but he is still easy to shoot down and is not like the Schwarze team.

I'd say that most of us probably never saw this, as we capped Ashley right off (that was Ashley, wasn't it?).....then again, a few here are really detail-oriented with these games.

In the Gauntlet, Mobius seems to blackout several times during the mission after high g maneuvers. Oddly enough, if he does not wake up in time, you can kill him with 4 missiles.

Where do you get this from?  I don't even think you can DO high-g maneuvers in Zero.   Your opponents, though......Schwartze does appear to throw their Mig-31s around like they're acrobatic planes....

Also, you wanna watch posting to long-dead topics.  We tend to discourage that, unless you're really bringing up some new information, which means something you can prove, not just something based on your impressions.  You have people here who have played Zero since it came out, and still do.    Same with the other titles.  So be sure of your info, eh?   ;)  

C.L.W

C.L.W

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Squad:AWWNB
  • Plane:ADFX-02 Morgan

Can you provide a confirming screenshot?

I'd say that most of us probably never saw this, as we capped Ashley right off (that was Ashley, wasn't it?).....then again, a few here are really detail-oriented with these games.

Where do you get this from?  I don't even think you can DO high-g maneuvers in Zero.   Your opponents, though......Schwartze does appear to throw their Mig-31s around like they're acrobatic planes....

Also, you wanna watch posting to long-dead topics.  We tend to discourage that, unless you're really bringing up some new information, which means something you can prove, not just something based on your impressions.  You have people here who have played Zero since it came out, and still do.    Same with the other titles.  So be sure of your info, eh?   ;)  

Ok

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Good man!

ThirstierRug19

ThirstierRug19

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

{Spoilers inbound}

1. Playing Juggernaut's Operation Costner, the main ship in Osea's 3rd Fleet is none other than the(drumroll……)OFS Kestrel from AC5! Sadly, Captain Andersen and Marcus Snow don't appear.

2. Playing Mayhem on Mercenary after Schwarze Squadron's appearance, sees aces Huckebein(Pops AC5), Grabacr(Ashley Bernitz AC5)and Heartbreak One(Jack Bartlett AC5)appear, with Bernitz trying to shoot Huckebein down with Heartbreak One hot on his ass. Playing this mission on Soldier has the appearance of Ofnir(Michael Heimroth AC5), with Ofnir having been trained by Silber Squadron, tying into Knight. Playing as Knight has Hans Grimm(Archer)'s alleged father Heinrad Grimm show up with his squadron behind Silber Squadron.

3. I forgot the mission in which this Su-37 ace spawned in, but the ace has Yellow 13's colors and his Assault Record bio unavailable. Another ace in Mayhem Soldier Ace path is flying an F/A-22 with Mobius One's colors. In the bonus mission The Gauntlet, defeating Espada Squadron in under a minute spawns(another drumroll……) Mobius One himself! Now we can see why he was badass. 

4. Both Stage of Apocalypse and Hresvelgr see their missions take place over Waldreich Mountains. The Stage of Apocalypse shows Waldreich and Stier Castle before Belka's nuclear detonations. Hresvelgr shows the formerly beautiful Waldreich and Stier Castle as a nuclear winter-affiliated wasteland, where you be back 15 years later, springing the rightful Osean President from the Belkan-occupied Stier Castle.

5. Lying in Deceit takes place in Mt. Schirm, a base of operations for Belkan insurgents as well as the home for the XB-0 hangar. You will be back here 15 years later, revealing that the ceasefire saw several Belkan nukes buried inside Mt. Schirm's mine and the Belkans trying to dig them out.

6. VS Mode: Maps that i know of take place in AC5 and AC04 locations: Payavlenie Ravine, Bana City, Solo Islands, Vladimir Mountains, and Mt Shezna. There is also a map that has Player One's AI wingman named "Edge", "Chopper", and "Archer", and Player Two's wingmen are named "Omega", "Halo", and "Viper".

This is just a simplified guide to almost all of ACZ's important Easter Eggs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users