Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Wich one is the best experimental plane?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Wich one is the best experimental plane? (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Wich one is the best experimental plane?

1. X-02 (23 votes [34.85%])

Percentage of vote: 34.85%

2. ADF-01 (16 votes [24.24%])

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

3. ADFX-01 (12 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

4. ADFX-02 (15 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Ghost Six

Ghost Six

True aces seek new skies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
Wich plane you prefer?

I know that we can't use tha ADFX-02 but it appears in the game

Edited by Galm 3, 19 January 2009 - 12:26 PM.

Red Wolf 1

Red Wolf 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
i like the x-02 because its not so over powered where the falken and morgan are way overpowered (both having the laser and the morgan having freaken mini-nukes)
i like a fair fight so the x-02 is the best experimental plane in my eyes

Sieghart

Sieghart

Certified NAGC Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
Voted for the Falken cause you gotta love the coffin cockpit and the laser that destoys everything it touchs...

Seraph 1

Seraph 1

Noob

• Members
  • 8 posts
I'd say Morgan. but its kinda broke (not as broken as Falken though :huh: ;:unsure:

Razgriz .:3:.

Razgriz .:3:.

Rookie

• Members
  • 12 posts

the morgan having freaken mini-nukes)

wow lol  :P

Gelb 6

Gelb 6

Nos servo nostrum Era Evangeline per nostrum ago

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
The morgan is Waaaaaaaaay cooler than other jets.

SU 37

SU 37

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
I voted in FALKEN
i like using it, but i dont use the TLS, it make the game become boring, to easy.

Gelb 6

Gelb 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
I'm wondering... how does the ADFX-01 control it's pitch?

Remember it has no thrust vectoring and it also does not have elevators to control its pitch... then how?

komatos

komatos

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

The Morgan is butt-fugly. It's main body is way too long front to back. Looks like a missile with wings attached. Only thing it has going for it is the MPBM.

Gelb 6

Gelb 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

The Morgan is butt-fugly. It's main body is way too long front to back. Looks like a missile with wings attached. Only thing it has going for it is the MPBM.

Well at least it is closer to reality... not like the X-02 and Falken... the two look highly unrealistic.

Ghost Six

Ghost Six

True aces seek new skies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
I just picked the ADFX-02 'cause it can use all the ADFX-01 special weapons at the same time

J35J Draken

J35J Draken

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I vote FALKEN because he has the TLS, but it makes the game a little more boring... and lot easier, I killed Pixy with the TLS in 30 sec... and ADFX-01 Morgan has a funny special weapon: the MPBM. I laugh a lot when I see it blow and destroy a lot of TGT.

Atra Lupus

Atra Lupus

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

If you do not equip the laser.

I cannot decide between X02 (if it is the wyvern) or the Falken.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
IMO, the X-02 isn't that much of a superplane in ACZ. It's quality and quantity of SP Weapons are really that much greater then the Raptor or Terminator.

If I were to pick, it would be the Falken, because the TLS is better the the one on the morgan and the MPBMs on the morgan have only limited use, like they don't work on Ace Squadrons.. :D :lol: :lol:

komatos

komatos

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Well at least it is closer to reality... not like the X-02 and Falken... the two look highly unrealistic.

But they look dope and cool (lots of angles, just like a nice sports car like a Ferrari or Lamborghini). Also, the X-02 isn't really that highly unrealistic, as the Northrup Grumman Switchblade is what the X-02 is (loosely) based off.
http://en.wikipedia....rop_Switchblade

Not that the Switchblade was ever built (just patented in 1999), due to it's design flaws and the contract not being awarded. :rolleyes:

Edited by komatos, 24 February 2009 - 07:40 PM.

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
If you really what to include ALL the experimental aircraft in ACZ you need to add the X-29A

Timerlane

Timerlane

Overseer of Slag Determination

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
FALKEN. You can use it 'normally'(XLAA/FAEB, and it's not really any better than the Su-37 or S/MTD), or in game-breaking reality warp mode(TLS).

Re: The Morgan(s): The MPBM is definitely a game breaker, yet at the same time it feels like they tried to balance it with the awful reload time, but only succeeded in ruining what could have been another fun 'cheat' weapon of mass explodination(it's a pseudo-nuke that homes in on air and ground targets, FCOL, you can't balance it unless you really spread out the targets in the level design). At the very least, let us fire both MPBMs off the wings before having to wait through the reload(like every other SP weapon in the game).

The X-02 is cool looking, but I'm not a huge fan of the almost downwards-firing standard missile racks, and with only XAGMs for A2G, it's really no better off than it was in AC5.

GARUDA ZERO123

GARUDA ZERO123

Skatin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
FALKEN (im a firin meh laser)

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

FALKEN. You can use it 'normally'(XLAA/FAEB, and it's not really any better than the Su-37 or S/MTD), or in game-breaking reality warp mode(TLS).

Re: The Morgan(s): The MPBM is definitely a game breaker, yet at the same time it feels like they tried to balance it with the awful reload time, but only succeeded in ruining what could have been another fun 'cheat' weapon of mass explodination(it's a pseudo-nuke that homes in on air and ground targets, FCOL, you can't balance it unless you really spread out the targets in the level design). At the very least, let us fire both MPBMs off the wings before having to wait through the reload(like every other SP weapon in the game).

The X-02 is cool looking, but I'm not a huge fan of the almost downwards-firing standard missile racks, and with only XAGMs for A2G, it's really no better off than it was in AC5.

Timerlane makes some excellent points in his evaluations of the different aircraft. Overall, thye really don't add much to the game.

Edited by Green Giant, 13 March 2009 - 10:52 AM.

Raef

Raef

Embrace the shit- be the shit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts

FALKEN (im a firin meh laser)

Like that hasen't been beaten to hell and back...

FALKEN. The TLS design incorporated in it would be next to impossible to create. Plus, the laser itself is a miracle because being able to minimize such a powerful object that still hasen't been perfected in reality to fit a plane. But, the ADFX-02 holds a back-mounted TLS, MPBMs, and ECM system.

Edited by Dax, 13 March 2009 - 10:59 AM.