Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
646 replies to this topic

SilverHawk7

SilverHawk7

Prestigious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Squad:BAF
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer
So... about improving ACS....

Justin

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
  • Squad:Aquila Wing/Yellow Squadron
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

This website deserves better than you, and it's getting it now.

Now I just have one question regarding this comment. How is it going to get better now?? I'm not saying anyone has done a spectacular job, but IIRC, it's been Zaku, FG. and Eagle 1 that have been the admins over the past year, and what improvements have been made in that time.. If people are going to accuse others of complacency then they are ALL guilty of that.

As A Senior Member, I'm trying to look at this objectively. I think removing Eagle 1 completely off the staff was a bit too much, I would think making him a Global Mod would have been better, but that's not my call.

Now the question is, will Zaku use his Admin position to promote and advance the ACS Community, or will he take those admin powers and use them to degrade members? I'm hoping for the former, not the later. The Ideas he has posted, if done correctly and with some control might just work, but then again, I think bringing the pub back is a bad idea. I stated those reasons before.

Now, Some of you can either absorb what I've just said or you can just start a bashfest, but I really don't give a crap. For those of you that want to bash, well that will just show your true colors.

wonton sean

wonton sean

hey you! with the face!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Squad:Shadow Forces C.O.
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
Again, I say, I would like to help a lot. Please tell me what I can do.

Richard Nixon

Richard Nixon

HH-60G/HC-130 Guru

• Members
  • 3,508 posts
  • Squad:Freelance Alliance
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
Yeah, love it how the staff bickering still continues even though he is not on the staff. Keep going Eagle, we will humor you while we keep ACS moving forward.

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E
Well, this has all been a very fun read. Entertaining to say the least.

To that, I say this as my intentions:

I implore you all to see me as Italy during WW2. At first when the Nazis rolled in (no direct comparison to the old leadership intended), I supported them, even if I disagreed with some policies. Now that the allies (again, no comparison to the new leadership intended) are liberating Italy, I'm on their side.

I'm a flip flopper. But I think it's what's best for Italy.

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Plane:F-2A Viper Zero
yea I think the pubs would help with activity as long as we keep an eye on them. if I recall thats about when activity started to decline

Tomcatter 503

Tomcatter 503

Veteran

• Members
  • 5,759 posts
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
Though I have no ideas or suggestions at the momment, the community can count on my support and cooperation. I do hope we can all put our past differences aside and work to make this a better more stronger Ace Combat community.

Edited by Tomcatter 503, 31 December 2008 - 11:32 AM.

Toby

Toby

huehuehuehue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD
Hey Eagle, i'll join your movement. I'm serious.
the movement to pay for surgery to remove the stick from your ass. x )

Also, has anyone ever paid attention to how Firegal accepted her demotion? Props, girl. You're so kind and fair to us all and you do your job right. You don't seem to be angry at all, unlike Senor Aguila here. >_>

Strigon 01

Strigon 01

Memento Mori

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
wow all this bickering for what pshh damn but zaku seriously i salute you for actually taking charge and most of those ideas are rather great ones

YF-23A

YF-23A

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Squad:DUNNO LOL
  • Plane:YF-23A
People say that pubs were removed for a reason back then, but even so, situations change. If anything, we should be trying such stuff again to see how it works out with the community. If people do vent off there and are more relaxed/less agressive on the other parts of the board, then I'd say their existance is vital. Taking up space? I don't find that much of an excuse. Sure, it worked back when ACS only had a few members, but what about now? There are many more people here, and IPB's features should be taking lots of space as well. I'd say much more than the pubs could ever hope to take.

Another idea about the admin/mod team I proposed Zaku two days ago, and which he liked, was that the admin/mod team would change every few months. That way, those who get the positions are still fresh on the job (it's pretty much how the admin on another forum puts it on the second part of this post: http://forum.nuklear...mp;postcount=88 ).

Spitfire

Spitfire

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Squad:51st Mercenary Division
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon
Changing it or not, it's still the same people, same egos, same issues, same soap opera. Changing the format won't change any problems, as this thread has shown, but it may add more twists to the story line, though.

I found this forum so entertaining I finally signed up and joined in (back in Jan of '08). That was after spending nearly a year studying old posts, and enjoying the ongoing posts. Whatever happens, just know I'm enjoying the soap.

FREE THE [email protected] 1

Local Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
What changes? Half of it seems to be an attempt to reset ACS to the way it was just over a year ago, which isn't going to cut it. There isn't a lot the staff can do to actually improve the site with the current active user base. It is, for the most part, highly immature and downright inconsiderate, like we've decided to leave our common decency and respect for others at the entrance. That is the main problem with ACS. The proposed changes will prove ineffective and we'll eventually see this place close down because of the user base.

Local Legend

• Banned
  • 4,672 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
Well, please go on refining your point, if you would be so kind?

Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama

Fnucking facepalm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Squad:none
  • Plane:F-5E Tiger II
If I have to be honest, I like YF-23A's idea. Changing part of the moderating staff monthly or weekly wouldn't be bad, IMO.

Edited by Shin Kazama, 01 January 2009 - 09:19 PM.

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts
I'm not sure if we need more mods so much as we need for the senior members to step up and pull their own weight.

I've seen several threads where new users are asking for something only to have users--well known users--derail threads into spam and generally denounce the new users as scum, not even giving them a chance, not helping one bit. If you ask me, the mods need to crack down on the senior members' awful behavior.

EDIT: Furthermore, we don't need mods and admins that are under 18. That was a major failing with Eagle and probably with some other mods here not being able to do their jobs effectively. If a user isn't an adult or can't make adult judgments about a disciplinary decision then they don't deserve the power.

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts
  • Squad:F.E.A.F.
  • Plane:Tornado GR.4

maybe the members, such as myself, you, and others who we all are well aware of, should...ya know, give up on the stupidity, and work to increase this website's traffic, activity, and look to work for tournaments that suit everyone.

There is a lot of things that were done back then that weren't planned well enough. The new stuff is being planned and discussed to a degree that looks to stop stupid things from happening in pub topics, or look to end the Elitism and the competitive members from complaining at every opportunity when a new members asks for pointers to the game.

That kind of stuff.

ALSO: Mod changing would do nothing that helps the site, and if enough people could actually handle the idea of being moderators, well, I dont think there are enough.

Well said - I second the motion...

I've seen several threads where new users are asking for something only to have users--well known users--derail threads into spam and generally denounce the new users as scum, not even giving them a chance, not helping one bit. If you ask me, the mods need to crack down on the senior members' awful behavior.

EDIT: Furthermore, we don't need mods and admins that are under 18. That was a major failing with Eagle and probably with some other mods here not being able to do their jobs effectively. If a user isn't an adult or can't make adult judgments about a disciplinary decision then they don't deserve the power.

Eagle did ALOT for this site in the past - please don't disrespect an individual who kept this place around / alive well before you arrived. ;) *Just asking you to show a little respect* I also disagree with your "adult" comment. Adult or Juvenile - doesn't really matter. What does matter is the level of respect, contributions in the past, ability to communicate effectively and competently is what matters. Many, many staff members and contributors to this site in the past are under the age of 18 - many of whome would have made very good staff members. Nobody should be discriminated against because of their age for a position if one is deemed necessary. ;)

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts
In my experience on other board systems, anyone who is under 16-18 who gets modded usually is a complete failure as such. Disagree if you will, but I'm just making a call based on my past experiences.

And I don't disrespect Eagle for keeping the site running. I disagree with his method of administrating on certain board issues and I disagree with him for washing his hands of certain matters that were brought to him. In my opinion he has not been a very good administrator in recent times. He may have done a lot for the site in the past structure wise and so on, but when it comes to executive decisions regarding member activities and disciplinary actions. In that respect, he was a lame duck.
But those times are behind us, so we shouldn't be arguing about this.

Who is admin now? Is it just Zaku? And how's the mod staff supposed to be structured now?

Stunod

Stunod

WarHawk Two

• Members
  • 3,351 posts
  • Squad:9th Air Division "WarHawks"
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

maybe the members, such as myself, you, and others who we all are well aware of, should...ya know, give up on the stupidity, and work to increase this website's traffic, activity, and look to work for tournaments that suit everyone.

There is a lot of things that were done back then that weren't planned well enough. The new stuff is being planned and discussed to a degree that looks to stop stupid things from happening in pub topics, or look to end the Elitism and the competitive members from complaining at every opportunity when a new members asks for pointers to the game.

That kind of stuff.

ALSO: Mod changing would do nothing that helps the site, and if enough people could actually handle the idea of being moderators, well, I dont think there are enough.

I know, that I'm one of these people, and I'm willing to at least clean the slate. Fresh start for a new year I suppose.

SilverHawk7

SilverHawk7

Prestigious

• Members
  • 3,781 posts
  • Squad:BAF
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

In my experience on other board systems, anyone who is under 16-18 who gets modded usually is a complete failure as such. Disagree if you will, but I'm just making a call based on my past experiences.

And I don't disrespect Eagle for keeping the site running. I disagree with his method of administrating on certain board issues and I disagree with him for washing his hands of certain matters that were brought to him. In my opinion he has not been a very good administrator in recent times. He may have done a lot for the site in the past structure wise and so on, but when it comes to executive decisions regarding member activities and disciplinary actions. In that respect, he was a lame duck.
But those times are behind us, so we shouldn't be arguing about this.

Who is admin now? Is it just Zaku? And how's the mod staff supposed to be structured now?

As far as I know, Zaku is the only one in Admin position, none of the others he's looking at look like they've been appointed yet.

Justin

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,831 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
Ummm, F_22's an Admin again as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users