Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Strigon Vs. Yellow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

Poll: Yellow vs. Strigon (172 member(s) have cast votes)

who would win in all out air combat

1. Yellow (126 votes [73.26%])

Percentage of vote: 73.26%

2. Strigon (30 votes [17.44%])

Percentage of vote: 17.44%

3. they're both equal (16 votes [9.30%])

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Ninja8827

Ninja8827

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
yellow squadron, yellow 13 was almost equally as good as mobius one and feared throughout usea

Ares

Ares

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Yellow Squadron hands down. Strigon my have the teamwork aspect, but Yellow was more of a concern than Strigon. I do wish you could shoot them down in Missions 4 and 8, but where would the Awe inspiring theme to them be, then? Yellow is the most respactable of any Ace squadron out there that I have seen. As mentioned in this thread before: Most ace squadrons are plain out bad. There are a few, such as the Knight and Soldier ace squadrons from Zero and even Strigon themselves, had a measure of the respect aspect. However, none so much as came close to 13s people. I just see the plane and have to tip my hat to it. I don't get that with the others. Strigon was the start of that coming back, and I hope, if/when the numbered games (main series as I call them) start coming out again, that they can create another squadron like the Yellows. Would love to combat another squadron of their caliber sometime.

Grabacr17

Grabacr17

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts
I would go Strigon. Although they can be a real pain, they have the agility and they are really good with teamwork. They make it so difficult to pick one off and shoot it down in the first mission. However, when they have a 'TGT' on them in mission 9, I find that they play easy and let you destroy them.

Shadow-045

Shadow-045

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Yellow, they are more, noble.

Sure, Strigons leader sacrificed himself for his squadron, but only because he was in a super fighter.

Where was Yellows super fighters?

And Pasternak cheated with UAV's.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Yellow, they are more, noble.

Sure, Strigons leader sacrificed himself for his squadron, but only because he was in a super fighter.

Where was Yellows super fighters?

And Pasternak cheated with UAV's.

Well, to be fair, the Yellows cheated using plot armor. However, I will say that I found Strigon the more difficult opponent in the sky, but again, that was tweaking the AI and physics (it should take SOME time for them to turn around). Kinda balances out, actually.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Sure, Strigons leader sacrificed himself for his squadron, but only because he was in a super fighter

Really? Only because he had a superplane? So the safety of his team had nothing to do with the decision? Or the attempt to keep his country a fighting chance? Or to allow that one dude (whose name escapes me) to see his girlfriend (or was she a Fiancé by that point)

Shadow-045

Shadow-045

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Really? Only because he had a superplane? So the safety of his team had nothing to do with the decision? Or the attempt to keep his country a fighting chance? Or to allow that one dude (whose name escapes me) to see his girlfriend (or was she a Fiancé by that point)

Hey, I didn't say he did it for the wrong reasons, but, he still cheated, and I think his name is Ilya.

Devildog Cipher

Devildog Cipher

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
His name was tosha.

Also, to many variables to decide.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Hey, I didn't say he did it for the wrong reasons, but, he still cheated, and I think his name is Ilya.

But you said he only did it because of the CFA. I'd like to think that there was more reasoning then just that.

And if you call that chea....... Hmmm I was gonna ask of you thought Pixy was cheating but he went in solo and Pasternak has UAVs

Also llya is the first name of Strigons lead

Then how about we say it's a bit of everything. Especially the help his country win part

His dying words

"The Strigon team has fled the airspace... We've won [RADIO STATIC]"

Shadow-045

Shadow-045

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

His name was tosha.

Yeah, that's it, I remembered last night but I didn't feel like posting so....

I like samiches

I like samiches

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

I'm gonna go with Strigon because I have not played AC4...:rolleyes:

Ditto there! Posted Image

Major Airman

Major Airman

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Yellow all the way! I don't think there is any character in the entire Ace Combat series that compares to Yellow 13. He was a badass. He actually seemed like a real person, not a killing machine for some military. His character was engaging. The entire squadron (with exception to Megalith) is hard to shoot down. They don't have the world handed to them, and for the fact they survive some austere conditions, like poor maitenence, poor fuel quality, and not even having their own base, having to use a highway as a base, I'd say they are better. Strigon just seemed like a bunch off assholes and for some reason always ganged up on me all at once, whereas the Yellows would always have one person in the distance, two flying arounding ready to catch me if I escaped the two engaging me.

Yellow13Owner

Yellow13Owner

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts
Yeah, the presence of Yellow Squadron is far more intimidating than Strigon thats for sure

DFA Tomcat

DFA Tomcat

Noob

• Banned
  • 3 posts
Strigon is just better in my opinion, I've only seen my friends play AC4 so I dont really know what Yellow is like, and Strigon is just cooler looking.

=Delta=

=Delta=

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
As much as I hate to jump on the wankwagon, I'm gonna have to go with the Yellow Squadron. While Strigon had far more planes coming at you, Yellow was able to keep you on your toes with just five. Yellow also had the advantage of catering to the narrator's presence which allowed for us to learn more about the fabled squadron than we ever did of the Strigons in their individual Assault Records. The focus of the story was where AC6 really fell flat. It gave us a portrayal of those affected and displaced by the war and how they dealt with it. As such, we couldn't get the chance to know the characters we flew against, especially Ilya, who regarded Garuda 1 as his rival, even though they'd never even met before the Liberation of Gracemeria. Sad too, I would have liked to have flown against him more than once; handsome guy. And his name was pretty cool, too. Probably would have made for a memorable rival had he not come so late into the war.

Not to mention that the Allied Assault mechanic more or less completely counter-acted whatever threat the Strigon team would have presented to you. Then again, part of the theme of AC6 was the whole "cog in the war machine" thing. This applies for both the Garuda and Strigon teams.

Can't be argued that Strigon has the better paintjob, though.

RaptorBlaze

RaptorBlaze

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts
The Yellow 13 because they face Mobius 1 but lost and there plane has awesome manuverablitly and there more experience

Katamariguy

Katamariguy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
Strigon had the ability to dodge QAAMs with impunity.