Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Strigon Vs. Yellow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

Poll: Yellow vs. Strigon (172 member(s) have cast votes)

who would win in all out air combat

1. Yellow (126 votes [73.26%])

Percentage of vote: 73.26%

2. Strigon (30 votes [17.44%])

Percentage of vote: 17.44%

3. they're both equal (16 votes [9.30%])

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Raptorguy

Raptorguy

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
Look, in AC04, the gameplay was substantially more realistic, and the Yellows had better AI in BFM and were much harder to kill because of their maneuverability. While the missiles in both games have their issues, the missiles in 04 were better because they were more accurate, but also easier to evade and predict. The Yellows could pull maneuvers that even the Morgan couldn't do, and sometimes it would take virtually all of my missiles to kill all 5.

The Strigons, on the other hand, may seem harder to some of you because of the cheap gameplay in 6. Planes pulling 20+ G maneuvers in 6 is the main reason why the Strigons are even mildly difficult, in part because of the dramatically reduced missile accuracy and overly exaggerated High-G (which I think should be removed). Ace Combat 04, was in, a sense, much slower (by how the planes moved) and thats why I prefer the Yellows. Also, part of the story was built around the Yellows, while the Strigons are mostly just a sideshow.

In short, the Yellows were much better dogfighters, and they can prove it by being nearly impossible to hit at slower speeds, while the Strigons take advantage of drastically more unrealistic flying characteristics and without it would simply be sitting ducks. (pardon my poor grammar)

Edited by Raptorguy, 03 December 2008 - 02:40 PM.

Kal Venku

Kal Venku

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Agreed. I would be behind a Strigon and he would pull this turn that would, and should of, rip his plane into pieces as I fire a missile. This only happens when I was behind him and about to shoot him down. The only way to get a Strigon was to shoot from far range with mutliple missiles and hope he doesn't dodge the missile. In a turning-climbing battle, you don't have a chance, they just pull moves that you couldn't and fly above your head. If a real Su-33 was to pull the moves they tried, it would be gone, nothing would be left. But Yellow squadron would use moves that were reasonable if it had a an Ace in, not of that instant flip and fly 10 feet from your cockpit.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,779 posts
Anyone saying AC6 regular missiles are less accurate than previous games'... please, learn to use them before you say anything. It's really not hard at all to get a SHOOT sign and get your missile to be a one-pass QAAM.

Whether the Strigons pull wtf maneuvers or not is irrelevant, since you can do it as well (again, with the exception of mission 4 and Pasty). Now, try flying at stalling speed and turning like the Yellows do, in AC04. Yellows are tougher, therefore better, but Strigon are not without their merit, simply because they share your physics, almost exactly.

Edited by PositronCannon, 03 December 2008 - 03:29 PM.

Elude

Elude

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
Ok, so the general consensus is that Yellows> all other squads, yes?

Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

CAN'T DED THE FISHBED

• Members
  • 4,033 posts

Strigon are not without their merit, simply because they share your physics, almost exactly.

Play Moloch Desert (again) with something more maneuverable than a -33 and try explaining exactly how Strigon can continue to match your performance one-to-one, no matter what you fly.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,779 posts

Play Moloch Desert (again) with something more maneuverable than a -33 and try explaining exactly how Strigon can continue to match your performance one-to-one, no matter what you fly.

... They can? :) I'm pretty sure that if you use something like an F-16 their performance goes down (they've been doing this since ACZ or possibly AC5, and IMO it's a good thing), but I've never noticed the opposite happening as well. I can always down them more easily in, say, a Su-47 than a Typhoon.

In any case, what I was referring to is that the general physics are the same for you and them, I've yet to see any stalling speed 15G turns. :)

Edited by PositronCannon, 04 December 2008 - 07:10 PM.

Green Owl

Green Owl

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Ok, so the general consensus is that Yellows> all other squads, yes?

Hands down, 120% yes. (more so for 13's squad than Jean-Louise though)
1. No other enemy's backstory has surpassed theirs yet.
2. AC4's physics engine actually has them perform reasonable maneuvers and no "lol 180 at 950 mi/hr for missile kill!"
3. Yellow's Ace mode AI is still the best to be seen in the series. Just fight them in Lifeline and at Farbanti.
4. Terminators and Cobras.

Revenant

Revenant

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
I have to go with Yellow, just fly the Yellow SU-37 (or the Yellow SU-33 in AC6) and you'll see how much more badass they are. They don't need a superplane (Wyvern > Nossy BTW) because that Terminator IS a superplane. Being able to control that thing so precisely proves that they're better pilots.

Additionally, its worth noting that Yellow did with 5 planes and one superweapon what Strigon needed 12 planes and 5 superweapons to do, and they did it on a continent roughly the size of North America. Strigon didn't instill the fear of god in your allies, if anything, they just pissed Shamrock off.

In general Yellow simply outdoes Strigon in all categories (except numbers, and possibly nationalism (since Yellow seems pretty chill)) I like Strigon, but they don't quite measure up.

In Yellow we get a nigh mythical squadron of fighter gods (and goddess), in Strigon we get highly competent opponents. Additionally, Yellow effectively WAS the story of AC4, not just part of it like Strigon.

I'm a diehard fan of a few of the squads in ACZ, and I'm no Strigon-hater, but Yellow simply smokes every other adversary squadron so far. Maybe they'll finally meet their match in AC7? (assuming AC7 happens)

GARUDA ZERO123

GARUDA ZERO123

Skatin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
Strigon team, manuverable aircraft, and has quality AND quantity

Ghost Six

Ghost Six

True aces seek new skies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
Yellow, I think they're the most powerful enemy squadron of the AC series

Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Besides, I don't see Emeria being ordered to turn tail and run at the first site of the Strigons.

If I remember correctly in Mission 11 the Moloch Desert, Ghost Eye begins to flip out, ordering you to retreat multiple times, immedetily after the Strigon Squad appears.

But I still agree that Yellow would win if they went up against Strigon.

EDIT: Fixed a few grammeratical errors...

Edited by Kira Yamato, 22 January 2009 - 10:02 AM.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,779 posts

If I remember correctly in Mission 11 the Moloch Desert, Ghost Eye begins to flip out, ordering you to retreat multiple times, immedetily after the Strigon Squad appears.

But Strigon wasn't the reason for the retreat. It was Estovakia's plan to use WMDs.

Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

But Strigon wasn't the reason for the retreat. It was Estovakia's plan to use WMDs.

Oh, that's right, I forgot about the WMDs, thanks for correcting me on that PC!

Ace 117

Ace 117

VFA-32 "Fighting Swordsmen"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
Yellow hands down, thier just better, (and cooler)

lteagleeyesakatailsman

lteagleeyesakatailsman

Rookie

• Members
  • 39 posts
Man Stigor is the best elite unit there is. It was hard for me to get them all on mission 11. I couldn't use ally attack <_<

Thunder

Thunder

Nothing else comes close

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Look, in AC04, the gameplay was substantially more realistic, and the Yellows had better AI in BFM and were much harder to kill because of their maneuverability. While the missiles in both games have their issues, the missiles in 04 were better because they were more accurate, but also easier to evade and predict. The Yellows could pull maneuvers that even the Morgan couldn't do, and sometimes it would take virtually all of my missiles to kill all 5.

The Strigons, on the other hand, may seem harder to some of you because of the cheap gameplay in 6. Planes pulling 20+ G maneuvers in 6 is the main reason why the Strigons are even mildly difficult, in part because of the dramatically reduced missile accuracy and overly exaggerated High-G (which I think should be removed). Ace Combat 04, was in, a sense, much slower (by how the planes moved) and thats why I prefer the Yellows. Also, part of the story was built around the Yellows, while the Strigons are mostly just a sideshow.

In short, the Yellows were much better dogfighters, and they can prove it by being nearly impossible to hit at slower speeds, while the Strigons take advantage of drastically more unrealistic flying characteristics and without it would simply be sitting ducks. (pardon my poor grammar)

Yellow hands down, thier just better, (and cooler)

Essopcially if you try it with an A-10

destroyer of the skies

destroyer of the skies

Im back Guys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
Yellows were the HARDEST ever to shoot down

Yellow would kick strigons ass to another universe

Geese

Geese

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
yellows hands down for sure. never had an enemy ace make me crash. god damn yellows and their cobra maneuvers making me fly into the ground. lol :lol:

destroyer of the skies

destroyer of the skies

Im back Guys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

yellows hands down for sure. never had an enemy ace make me crash. god damn yellows and their cobra maneuvers making me fly into the ground. lol :lol:

I have never seen a enemy do a cobra. Do you have any proof of that?

ACAce23

ACAce23

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Members
  • 6,704 posts
Yellow. Simply because you can't just rape them with allied attack

And yes, they do do a cobra, did it right in front of me.......didn't help him, shot him to pieces with my gun

Plus Y13 is much much much much much much much much much more awesome than Pasternak, doesn't use a cheat plane