Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Strigon Vs. Yellow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

Poll: Yellow vs. Strigon (168 member(s) have cast votes)

who would win in all out air combat

1. Yellow (123 votes [73.21%])

Percentage of vote: 73.21%

2. Strigon (29 votes [17.26%])

Percentage of vote: 17.26%

3. they're both equal (16 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Razorhawk

Razorhawk

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
simple question :rolleyes:

OK, in the last poll about yellow vs. Ofnir/grabarc is was overclear the that yellow totaly Pwned ofnir/grabarc.
however after playing AC6, i noted that strigon was one of the hardest squadrons i ever faced since yellow in AC4.

planewise, the SU-37 and SU-33 are equal, although the SU-37 is a bit better.
but skillwise both appear to be on equal turns.

this wont be an easy choise :unsure:

who do you think will win?

MrGoodbytes

MrGoodbytes

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I'm gonna go with Strigon because I have not played AC4...:rolleyes:

BIG DADDY BERS

BIG DADDY BERS

DRAGONS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts
yellow Sqd FTW

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts

simple question :rolleyes:

OK, in the last poll about yellow vs. Ofnir/grabarc is was overclear the that yellow totaly Pwned ofnir/grabarc.
however after playing AC6, i noted that strigon was one of the hardest squadrons i ever faced since yellow in AC4.

planewise, the SU-37 and SU-33 are equal, although the SU-37 is a bit better.
but skillwise both appear to be on equal turns.

this wont be an easy choise :unsure:

who do you think will win?

Strigon was a good squad when you faced them in AC6, but the storyline didn't play that up as well as AC4 played up Yellow's skill.

I'd say skill wise, Yellow barely beats them. But when you factor in the lore attached to each squad, Strigon seems like one of the lame ace squads from ACZ... almost no backstory and almost no real threat. Yellow, on the other hand, made a name for themselves and they were almost fairy-tale like in how they were talked about.

But the Su-33 and Su-37 are not anywhere close to being similar in performance. The Su-33 is just a baseline Su-27 with bigger wings and canards. It's in reality a very basic fighter. An F/A-18E wouldn't have any problem with it.

EvaderDX

EvaderDX

RIP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
IMO....the Yellow Squadron had more presence in AC4 then Strigon did in AC6...

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts
I'd say equal because, since I've played both games, I noticed that AC6's physics are more realistic than AC4's. Therefore, if you use a better plane on 6, your more likely to succeed in shooting Strigon down. With 4, you could pick ANY plane and be able to shoot down Yellow.

SilverHawk7

SilverHawk7

Prestigious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
I'm gonna agree with the consensus and say Yellow Squadron. They tried with Strigon, but to me, it just seemed to come up short. Any tim Yellow Squadron showed up in AC04, they made a big deal about it... But in AC6, there's a Strigon plane in what, 5 or 6 missions at least? And they don't really do anything, they're just kinda there. Even the ACZ aces had personality, and announced their presence. They had bark, even if they had no bite. Strigon, to me, had little of neither.

Justin

Green Owl

Green Owl

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Strigon was a good squad when you faced them in AC6, but the storyline didn't play that up as well as AC4 played up Yellow's skill.

I'd say skill wise, Yellow barely beats them. But when you factor in the lore attached to each squad, Strigon seems like one of the lame ace squads from ACZ... almost no backstory and almost no real threat. Yellow, on the other hand, made a name for themselves and they were almost fairy-tale like in how they were talked about.

But the Su-33 and Su-37 are not anywhere close to being similar in performance. The Su-33 is just a baseline Su-27 with bigger wings and canards. It's in reality a very basic fighter. An F/A-18E wouldn't have any problem with it.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head for me right there. Yellow's AI is undoubtedly a notch superior to that of Strigon, but AC4 physics and their incessant qaam-spamming always put dogfights in their favor. Strigon, on the other hand, is very very good for piloting a rather standard fighter; I'd even say that their AoA ability is equal to that of the Yellows. AC4's story always played up the skill of the Yellows even before we met them and thus we were subsequently completely awed by them. In AC6, Strigon was just kind of there and we never got a chance to learn to respect them.

CanyonSurfer

CanyonSurfer

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
Strigon - Because they have High-G turning.

F-22 Raptor ACE

F-22 Raptor ACE

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
Yellow cause they are the Equilvant to Mobius squadron.

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
yellow the real yellow not the megalith yellow

Kal Venku

Kal Venku

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Yellow Squadron. It is faster, and more nimble. Thats what counts in a dogfight.

F-14 Ace

F-14 Ace

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
Yellow Squadron because Strigon got their asses handed to them every time you met them. Yellow did not but that was only because it was scripted that way. I shot a Yellow several times in Shattered Skies and chased him until I got to the edge of the mission area. Yellow Squadron was just way more epic. They were actually tough and Strigon... Strigon was more of a minor annoyance than a real threat, especially Pastey with his cheap UAVs.

Edited by F-14 Ace, 30 November 2008 - 04:01 PM.

Kyndrid

Kyndrid

Poo-Tee-Weet?

• Members
  • 3,003 posts
Simple question needs simple answer.

It's really no competition, yellow wins.

Elude

Elude

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
Yellow Squadron (the original 5) no doubt. Strigon is basically a really bad copy of the ideals and presence of the Yellows. Just look at the characteristics of Illya. He's willing to sacrifice his life for the team, is brave, leader of an elite squad etc, just like Yellow 13, only lesser in awesomeness. The Yellows are probably the first enemies that exhibit qualities that are depicted as 'good' people who unfortuantely have to spearhead a war, while others (like the 8492) are just straight up bad with no facets to their character. They (the Yellows) stress teamwork. That is why the Yellows are infinitely cooler than any succeeding enemies. And CS, just because there's high g turning in AC6 doeasn't mean that Strigon owns Yellow. If AC4 was re-released, I'm sure there would High G capabilites. And nonpixelated ground graphics.

Edited by Elude, 30 November 2008 - 06:27 PM.

Excalibur One

Excalibur One

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
I would have to say Strigon. The intros were very fierce they had more attack in them it seems to me than the yellow. But nothing can compete with the Nosferatu. None of the yellows have a shot.

Elude

Elude

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
The only reason the intro was 'fierce' was because AC6 has better graphics and whatnot than AC4. I'm telling you, the Strigon are just copycats. Both Yellow and Strigon fly a Sukhoi, and both have good, modest leaders. Namco is obviously aware that fans like the appeal of Yellow Squadron, so they decided to throw us a look a like in the form of Strigon. Old school> newbies.
The Yellows didn't need any superplanes to win their battles. They were cool enough to use a highway as their base and the only reason they were disbanded was because every single member freakin died. What did the Strigon do at the end? The leader told everyone else to go home and they all complied. What did the Yellow's do at the end? The twenty something pilots that were left basically dug their own graves and did battle with Mobius, even when 13 was dead.
And when I saw Yellows own everyone else, I mean the pilots 13 picked himself. I doubt that Jean Louis's pilots could do much.

Edited by Elude, 30 November 2008 - 09:34 PM.

DerKrieger

DerKrieger

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

The Yellows didn't need any superplanes to win their battles. They were cool enough to use a highway as their base and the only reason they were disbanded was because every single member freakin died. What did the Strigon do at the end? The leader told everyone else to go home and they all complied. What did the Yellow's do at the end? The twenty something pilots that were left basically dug their own graves and did battle with Mobius, even when 13 was dead.

Strigon also made a last stand at Chandelier.

Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

CAN'T DED THE FISHBED

• Members
  • 3,778 posts
Yellows. They don't require superplanes that break the laws of physics and AI-hax.

Kyndrid

Kyndrid

Poo-Tee-Weet?

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Strigon also made a last stand at Chandelier.

You call THAT a stand...

Mobious squad VS yellow squad was far more epic (albeit easy)