Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fanfic Central General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

Mercenary Pilot

Mercenary Pilot

Carpe Diem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:S-32 Golden Eagle
Currently working with pen and paper on an original sci-fi work. Right now, I am basically constructing characters, the plot, and the universe. It seems to be getting long. If I had more time online, I might be able to ask advice from Hero or somebody...

Seraph 5

Seraph 5

Gliding on blessed wings

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Currently working with pen and paper on an original sci-fi work. Right now, I am basically constructing characters, the plot, and the universe. It seems to be getting long. If I had more time online, I might be able to ask advice from Hero or somebody...

What do you need advice for? The best advice (usually) comes from your own mind. ;)

Anywho, follow the regularly suggested guidelines and I'd say you'd be fine:

1. Type it in MS Word.
2. Do NOT use script format in the final draft.
3. Consult the thesaurus, dictionary, ACS, etc., as necessary.
4. ????
5. ... you know.

:lol:

Mercenary Pilot

Mercenary Pilot

Carpe Diem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
Yea, mostly, I am trying to construct believeable secondary characters, besides the main characters. Itīs mostly Mil Sic Fi so I am also trying to make belieable battles that revolve more around the people than the tech.

Currently, stuck on how I am going to do the aliens later on, everything seems to have been done already, or, they would pawn the humans too fast.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Funk
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
I was doing a plot hole 'filler' surrounding the AC5 story ([sarcasm] Oh how original! [/sarcasm]). I started around the middle of Q3, 2007 and got Volume/Chapter/whatever One up, but it died, and I've just rejuvenated it. It's similar to Blaze1234's attempt, but his fell through as he didn't have the time. I'm typing up volume 2, and volume 3 has nearly been done too. Expect it to be up soon.

Psycho

Psycho

Science!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  • Squad:9th Air Division Inc.
  • Plane:YF-23A
I'm working on a series of nonlinear vignettes about my EVE character (because I'm just that much of a bunch of sticks). First one's up, next one will be up any time between the end of today and the end of next week, depending on workload and other things™. The title is "Calling Me Home." Yarrr.

F-14 Ace

F-14 Ace

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
I'm working on chapter 2 of my story but I am busy so I don't have a lot of time to put into it. It took me forever to get chapter 1 finished. Also, I need to come up with a new title because the one it has now sucks balls.

deer dance

deer dance

Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Squad:Independent
  • Plane:F-16C Fighting Falcon

Of course it is. Contrary to what the games tend to suggest, there is more to the how the universe runs then blowing up stuff in aircraft.

This is Blasphemy!!
You shall be castrated and burned at the stake!!!

In other news, I just posted my first fanfic it's supposed to be a series of books, most of which are still unthought, either way it should take me upwards of two years to write and post them all.
The prologue of the first book is currently up, please read and comment, your response could help determine the rest of the book and possibly the series.

P.S. (balls)
it's a long story so don't ask...

Red_9

Red_9

PSN ID: Ibisleigh_1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts
  • Squad:335th No-Such-Thing Squad
  • Plane:F/A-18C Hornet
Man, FanFic Central has just gone into an all-time low. First off, we've got a sh*tload of low-effort fanfics, a hella lot of spamming, most are unfinished, and, well, it's just heading downhill.

Yikes, eh?

Edited by Red_9, 09 November 2008 - 02:56 PM.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,831 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
Meh, what do you expect? The senior writers have moved on; even the troll writers have. The whole board has stagnated; like how there isn't much left to talk about in the game forums, there isn't much left to write about here.

Seraph 5

Seraph 5

Gliding on blessed wings

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
Meh, I'm still revising my one story and writing another. I'd say in terms of chapters, the first story is 60% complete. If I get off my butt and work I could have it up soon.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,831 posts
More into composition than writing at the moment. Maybe I should show my work here. I can't decide if I want to or not.

Red_Swallow

Red_Swallow

A Pilot that Lives by Pride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Man, FanFic Central has just gone into an all-time low. First off, we've got a sh*tload of low-effort fanfics, a hella lot of spamming, most are unfinished, and, well, it's just heading downhill.

Yikes, eh?

This board is in some serious disrepair. I know I haven't been around much to do anything (due to personal issues)...

I got to do something. Lately, I've been struggling with my writing and I'm not getting anything done. I got to get my freak flag flying again. I got to do something.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,831 posts
There are certainly interesting stories that could be told within the confines of the Strangereal universe. Its just that most people don't go about it the right way. We could be giving insight into the back stories of the games, filling in the cracks of the canon while making the universe feel more alive and real. This could easily be done by creating plotlines that have little or nothing to do with jet fighters. Talk about the struggles of Soldiers, Civilians, Politicians, whatever. Try to make the world more three dimensional. Instead, we get a bunch of derivative stories about uber pilots in either made up nations or in super wars. And as of late, people have been having hard time caring at all about that type of story anymore. There are only a limited amount of times you can tell the tale of "a single Heroic Pilot/Squadron who saves Nation A from the brink of destruction by Nation B", before you become bloody sick of it all. Strangereal can be and should be more than fighter pilots. So instead of re-telling the tale of "Demon Lord", tell the story of a simple Osean National Guard Brigade that tried to hold the line in the Great Lakes region, or any other story that could possibly exist out there. Expand the canon! You have the power to.

B26P38

B26P38

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Plane:JA-37 Viggen
And hopfully by the new year I'll be posting my story it's about 80% so far but I'm having trouble in one aspect of it. I flipped the winner as the Nationalist Spain was the winners of the Civil war not the Republicans in real life.
And so I'm trying to put it all together and make it look real. But the rest is pretty much accurate on how the Spanish Civil War was fought between the 4 main combatants Nat. and Rep Spain and the Nazi Germany and USSR.

Red_Swallow

Red_Swallow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts
Okay, I whipped this one up last night with elements from a much older story I did. I decided to test the waters out a bit on fanfiction.net. It's not perfect, and I'm still revising but I think you'll enjoy it.

http://www.fanfictio...he_Dogs_of_Soma

Albino Ace

Albino Ace

Wants an HD R-103 so bad.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Squad:None
  • Plane:E-767
I once had this idea for some Osean ace, going on Zero's references to King Arthur...a friend of Bristow's and Palmer's, to kinda follow them a bit closer...

Never really got past the conceptual stage, though.

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
  • Squad:FA
  • Plane:F-15SG Eagle

I once had this idea for some Osean ace, going on Zero's references to King Arthur...a friend of Bristow's and Palmer's, to kinda follow them a bit closer...

Never really got past the conceptual stage, though.

Writing about aces is the problem.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,831 posts
I think so as well. Aces just aren't that interesting; they're essentially Jet-powered Mary Sues, with even less personality and depth.

Red_Swallow

Red_Swallow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

I think so as well. Aces just aren't that interesting; they're essentially Jet-powered Mary Sues, with even less personality and depth.

You could show the development of an ace from beginner to the top level. I did a fic on that very thing two years ago almost. They don't have to be Mary Sue characters, and as we've seen from some of the more recent games some of them a bit flawed. You just have to..."twist" things a little bit.

Or you could just not even make the character an elite ace. Create conflict, jealosy, whatever.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,831 posts
That's still Mary Sue, in the end, your character still surmounts the odds and wins the day. I'm talking about the small players, the people 'in the shit'. Create a story through their eyes, and you'll open up a new dimension not availible to Ace pilots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users