Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Who is your favorite character in the game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
193 replies to this topic

SpeedStreamer

SpeedStreamer

Drifter of teh intarweb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
Wow, I can't beleive I never picked up on that one!
And I have to agree with you on the Nagasei one, she has evolved alot, exept for her flying style (As Bartlet points out early, then later on in the game) :huh:

JianDaoXiao

JianDaoXiao

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
well, i think than chopper is the most carismatic of course, but i like Nagase, her cut hair, her face expresions, his boddy, etc, etc, and she is the only of the squad than kill more targets. (without blaze of course) lol

Guest_AWACS Skyeye_*

Guest_AWACS Skyeye_*
  • Guests
I believe that Chopper is not dead, because after The Journey Home, in the cut scene, I didn't not saw an funeral ceremony for him... :D

JianDaoXiao

JianDaoXiao

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
no man, if you watch the end of AC5, there are a tomb in the stadium than only say "Chopper", but later in 2015, when the legend of razgriz are revelated, finaly can put the real name, alvin dave... whatever. He not was a razgriz, but with he original put the name.

Edited by ernesto-nuņez, 07 June 2008 - 03:09 PM.

SpeedStreamer

SpeedStreamer

Drifter of teh intarweb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
Not to mention there might not be all that much left, I mean, his fighter did explode and all...

Miss Davenport

Miss Davenport

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

I like Nagase the most because, well, even though she can be annoying sometimes and ask stupid questions during a crisis *cough* White Bird 1 *cough*, in a creative sense, she is one of the most beautiful animated characters I've ever seen, right up there with Jessica Rabbit lol. But from a game sense, she is the most evolved, she started out by being a little guilt ridden when Bartlett got shot down, to becoming formidible in the cutscene from White Noise, to helping destroy her very own symbol of peace with the Arkbird. Her character development on the game was simply incredible.

You know? That's just a great description of why Nagase IS cool.

I believe that Chopper is not dead, because after The Journey Home, in the cut scene, I didn't not saw an funeral ceremony for him... :P

Yeaaah, I can't wait to write that in my novel!

no man, if you watch the end of AC5, there are a tomb in the stadium than only say "Chopper", but later in 2015, when the legend of razgriz are revelated, finaly can put the real name, alvin dave... whatever. He not was a razgriz, but with he original put the name.

;) Why I have never seen that? Maybe I must pay more attention, or there is something wrong in my version. And I never seen either a cut scene of 2015 in the game :lol: ...

I think, by the way, that Chopper is 100% a Razgriz. He's the one who came out with da name for the squad. He said to Thunderhead in the mission Dessert Lightining (or Dessert Arrow, whatever xD) "This is Raaazgriz 3, roger that" and Thunderhead says "What did you just say?"...

And by the way, is Alvin H. Davenport! Don't waste it xD... Ah, what a cool name!

Greetings!

SpeedStreamer

SpeedStreamer

Drifter of teh intarweb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
Actually, the Yukes came up with it, Chopper just told AWACS.
As for the whole 2015 cutscene thing, just go to video playa and click the last vid.

Guest_AWACS Skyeye_*

Guest_AWACS Skyeye_*
  • Guests

In the stadium....are you kidding me...why not in a cemetery...

Miss Davenport

Miss Davenport

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Actually, the Yukes came up with it, Chopper just told AWACS.
As for the whole 2015 cutscene thing, just go to video playa and click the last vid.

Well, yeah, I know. The first time the yukes call them like this is when Wardog sunk the Scinfaxi in the Razgriz Stairs. But Chopper is who, in fact, take more seriously the name for the squad.

Yeah :P It could be a statue near the stadium, but why (or even HOW) a tomb?

Cordeos

Cordeos

Noob

• Members
  • 5 posts
i really liked snow because he didnt talk much. i was so happy when chopper died, hes the reason i play with voice volume at zero now

8492Hamilton

8492Hamilton

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts
1. Chopper-all the way you just cant beat that guy (why did he have to die??? :angry: )
2. Oka Neiba-best eva!!!
3. Grimm-he is the nerdy teenager we all know
People I hate
1. Ashley of the 8492-what a jerk (and he could probably be made fun of obviously by his name)
2. Hamilton-Self centered moron :P but on the other hand I think he's cool :lol:
3. That guy on the sea goblin helicopter-"this captain nagase...is she a looker???" "if she's hot im asking her out" three words for you man GET A LIFE!!! :o :o :o

Edited by 8492Hamilton, 11 June 2008 - 12:56 PM.

mattig89ch

mattig89ch

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
agreed.

My fav is chopper, he was hysterical. his best line: "Oh yea just weave through the missles, what are you nuts!?".
Second best is Nagase, she is so kick ass, capturing a group of soldiers armed only with a side arm and one clip, not too mention that she does evolve quite a bit, and she's not bad looking.
And my third best is grimm, the un-experienced pilot who just has to keep telling himself that'd he'd be alright.

And just an fyi, I tried taking 5 missles to save chopper, but there's no way to the inevitable I had to complete the mission with 99% damage. a stray bullet would've finished me off (I managed not to die but it was tough)

nightcreature84

nightcreature84

THE A-10 KING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
Blaze: cause he does not talk!

Black Dagger

Black Dagger

Pleasure to bleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Right. The stadium is too small to bury, well, what would be left of Chopper, if there was anything left...

mattig89ch

mattig89ch

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
I thinks its a fitting tribute. They probably removed the body to a cemetery, but theres no way they would forget one of those who gave his life to defend the VP and all those people. Why not build a small monument to him (emphasis on small)?

Black Dagger

Black Dagger

Pleasure to bleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
And if Chopper did... by some miracle, survive the impact one of 3 things would have gone wrong...

1) He would have been killed by a long fall after opening the cockpit,

2) He opened the cockpit, but landed in the flames from his destroyed aircraft,

3) The injuries received from the impact would be so severe, Chopper would have either passed away from the injuries like Espada 1 in Soldier Mode, or he would have been so mangled, he would be forced to retire from the Osean Air Force as a boneless... thing.

What I'm saying is, Chopper may indeed have somehow survived, but there would be little to no chance of his survival. I'm still kind of mad about Chopper being shot down. After Chopper was shot down, I started to have spasms of bad luck in each mission after Chopper's shoot down.

Blaze1234

Blaze1234

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
A little while ago, I started, never finished, a fan fiction. I was gonna have Chopper survive. THe way I was gonna do it was he was actually smart enough to see a river, and was gonna bail out while going over it. However, his ejection seat doesn't deploy. So he tries to crash land in the river. However, his rudder and flap controls are badly damaged, so he crashed in the river in a way that completely destroyes his plane. Wardog thinks he's dead.

However, he survives. His canopy is cracked, hes starting to sink, and his control panel collapsed, breaking his legs. Out of desperation, he breaks through his canopy, frees his legs, and deploys his life vest. He is found, taken to a hospital. However, Wardog is not informed that he is alive, partly because since the Yukes invaded the airspace, they were under strict radio silence.

Chopper was one of my favorites also, so I found a way for him to survive logically.

Guest_AWACS Skyeye_*

Guest_AWACS Skyeye_*
  • Guests
Blaze, just a notice, in the game, Chopper says that he's ejection system doesn't not function, and you can tell he used his handgun to blown off the canopy(idea from Sabrestrike)

SlothPower

SlothPower

Rookie

• Members
  • 27 posts
Favorites
Heartbreak One- Doesn't whine and shows he means business. He doesn't scream or complain when he gets hit by that missile at mission 2, and mission 25, talk about a guy with guts and glory. He could have been an awesome wingman.

Chopper-A rock and roller and the comedian of this squadron

Blaze- well, he's the protagonist.

Edited by SlothPower, 15 July 2008 - 02:52 AM.

CanyonSurfer

CanyonSurfer

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
My favorite character is Nagase. Nothing beats a prim pilot holding the enemy at gunpoint while awaiting rescue. Least favorite is the blabber-mouthed college student, Alyosia (sp?) from Ghosts of Razgriz. Just shut up and let us do our job. He was like a commentator sitting around drinking a beer while everyone else is doing the work.