Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Polar bears campaign!

• Please log in to reply
464 replies to this topic

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • Plane:YF-23A
(in AC5's briefing guy's voice and with Razgriz briefing music in the backround)

Namco has confirmed some time ago the existence of hidden polar bears somewhere in an AC5 level as an Easter Egg. So far, the location of these bears has not been discovered. Our mission will be to search through every single mission of AC5 and find these polar bears.

The polar bears themselves may either be drawn on the ground or 3-D creatures. Namco has also advised to search in Free Flight, so the arcade, take-off/landing/refuelling and tutorial levels do not need to be searched. Although some missions have already been searched, they will be searched again in order to make sure they are clean.

Each member should choose a mission of his/her liking and go through it and report their findings. Multiple members can choose the same mission as this will reduce chances of missing the polar bears in one level, and after a level has been completely searched by a member, he/she can choose another level to search.

A list follows with the missions and members who are currently searching each mission:

M01 Shorebirds:
Admiral

M02 Open War:
Snowbird 14
admiral

M03 Narow Margin:
Airshow fan
Ace of Aces

M04 First Flight:

M05 Rendezvous:

M06 White Bird Part I:
Raptor_1

M07 Front Line:

M08 Handful of Hope:
Ace of Aces
(possible location)

M09 Lit Fuse:

M10 Blind Spot:

M11A Chain Reaction:

M11B Reprisal:
Axdsilva

M12A Powder Keg:
Jinsei 13

M12B Four Horsemen:
Jinsei 13

M13 Demons of Razgriz:
Mobius 1
Hazard 1,
Herr-Wulf
(possible location)

M14 Ice Kage:
Mobius 1

M15 White Noise:
ShackontheTarget

M16A Desert Arrow:
Mobius 1

M16B Desert Lightning:
Mobius 1

M17 Journey Home:
Corrupt
Possible Polar Bear found, though unconfirmed, has been a matter of dispute.
Screenshot of the possible Polar Bear:
http://barkriverkniv...erett.sized.jpg

M18 Fortress:
Possible PB location, credit goes to daapdary:
http://forums.acecom...p...st&p=162004

M18+ 8492:
F 18 Superhornet

M19 Final Option:
Herr-Wulf

M20 Ancient Walls:
Belzek

M21 Solitaire:
Ace of Aces

M22 Closure:

M23 Ghosts of Razgriz:
Revenant

M24 White Bird Part II:
InfiniteAmmo160

M25 Heartbreak One:
Mobius 1

M26 Sea of Chaos:
Mobius 1

M27 Aces:
Mobius 1

M27+ The Unsung War:
Mobius 1

[/briefing]

Color map:
Green=searching
Red=searched
[color="#FFCC66"]Dark Yellow
=further notes

My thanx to F22_Fan for pinning this thread.

Edited by YF-23, 15 December 2006 - 05:20 AM.

Mobius 1

Mobius 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
ill take demons of razgriz :D i think they'll probley be 3d animals like the birds in AC4 in the mission tango line

ShackontheTarget

ShackontheTarget

Quattro Bajeena

• Members
  • 8,251 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E
I will take White Noise then.

Mobius 1

Mobius 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
well since not to many ppl seem to be interested ill take two. ill take Ice Cage as well. is it really nessacary to scearch sea of chaos ? i may be wrong but i dont think there is any land wat-so-ever. there most likly gonna be in the snowy ones....or at least thats what i would think :lol:

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
Well, it is all water, and so is Front Line as well, but there may be patterns on the water or small islands that don't show on the map.

Mobius 1

Mobius 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
then...i guess this is gonna be a long campaign lol. well it gives me sometin to do while wait for ACZ. but might as well start off with all the northern missions first

Corrupt

Corrupt

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Plane:Tornado GR.4
Il give journey home a shot

InfiniteAmmo160

InfiniteAmmo160

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Squad:St. Cholesterol Retirement Home
  • Plane:X-29A
Sign me up. I'll take White Bird Part II.

Guest_DarthVadersAce_*

Guest_DarthVadersAce_*
  • Guests
Ill be the real man around here. Sign me up for ALL of the Belkan Missions (all misisons after Final Option). Ill find them polar bears! INDIGO LEADER, clear for take off!

Jinsei 13

Jinsei 13

Outlaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
Jinsei 13 here. Can take missions 12.

Belzek

Belzek

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Squad:Freelance Alliance
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen
I'll take M20 Ancient Walls

Herr-Wulf

Herr-Wulf

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Squad:Aquila
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt
since I have nothing better to do

I'll take Fortress and Final option

Mobius 1

Mobius 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
i think i found them. in demons of razgriz just north of the main battle area there are 4 openings in the ice and they all look like bears or dogs or somting

Guest_ninjahedgehog_*

Guest_ninjahedgehog_*
  • Guests
demons of razgriz has been throughly searched several times by both JP, US, and PL players. nobody has found anything. i'm inclined to say that the polar beras dont exist.

InfiniteAmmo160

InfiniteAmmo160

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Squad:St. Cholesterol Retirement Home
  • Plane:X-29A
Aright, I believe I might have located the polar bear(s). Although it could equally be a figment of my imagination and false hopes, I'll still share it with you guys so y'all could give me a second opinion.

In mission 24, White Bird Part II, there are a series of archipelagoes below you. In the first chain of islands, there is a large island that forks in two and two smaller island after that. In the middle island, right after the larger arm of the first island, is to what looks to me like a polar bear's face. When you start the mission, fly past it, loop around, and look at it from about 5000 to 7000 feet or so. A quick glance (to me anyways) reveals to what looks like a bear's snout, eyes, and it's right ear (your left). It's face is roughly in the lower middle of the island and encompasses a large part of it; the island's coasts outlines the side of the bear's face but not the chin/nose or forehead.

As for the baby polar bear, the only thing I found that could resemble a baby polar bear is the longer island past the "polar bear." At the top of it (from looking at the larger bear right-side-up), there is what resembles the sihilouete of a baby bear, as it were, with an ear, it's snout, and possibly it's legs below it, in the fetal position.

I have explored the rest of the stage, including the islands and a great deal of the ocean, as well as the airspace above the supposed face (Flying baby polar bear, anyone?). I've tried shooting, crashing into, and FAEBing it, and I've tried it in both Free Flight and Mission mode (Ace). Tell me what you guys think. Does it look like a bear's face to you? Remember, it's on the center island in the first chain of islands. Go past it and flip around as to turn it right side up. Is it the Polar Bear or am I just seeing things?

Tornado ADV

Tornado ADV

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
I'll check out your findings an doffer to take the first 5 mission areas. Who knows, we might something more then just P.B.s! :o

Clint

Clint

Local Legend

• Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • Plane:F-14B Bombcat
They could be those lights in mission 11a, the ones away from the main city, up in the hills, just a thought, since nobody seemed to mention it before.

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
I've searched the islands in WBptII, but haven't really found anything interesting, although I think that the two big islands resemble at one end the heads of animals, it looks more like dinosaurs to me. :wacho: But I'll check where you said too. :o

DVA, please, take 3 missions or less, I know you want to help, but don't take on too much, ok? Just give me the names of the 3 missions that you would prefer to search.

ShackontheTarget

ShackontheTarget

Quattro Bajeena

• Members
  • 8,251 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E
I dunno if you have noticed but on White Bird Part II the first island looks a lot like a small baby dinasaur.When you start off in free flight do not turn and fly straight.The first bit of it is like a head with a mouth,then the body,leg and tail.

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
Yeah, that's what i said.

Oh, and btw, one more thing. I want to get your reports of your findings in the end of each week. So, you can partially search a mission area at one point, report whether you found them or not, then continue searching. But I'd like the whole process to not take more than 3 weeks, ok? And always remember, this is not a contest. :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users