Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Stupidest things you did in Ace Combat 4...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
199 replies to this topic

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts
Speaking of Megalith I once attempted to do a run as fast as I can and I was doing swell and when it came to the final missile I was feeling bad ass wasn't paying much attention and grazed the corner of the exit just enough to kill me

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Speaking of Megalith, I crashed just after destroying the final missile.

SPECTER6690

SPECTER6690

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Lolz, I can imagine that...

Speaking about Megalith, I recently flew thorugh the giant missile silo, went till the end and didn't destroy the missile. Instead of exiting through the opening shafts I turned up, slammed the afterburners until stalling, and turned back 180ยบ to exit at the beggining, only to behold the bad ending and the mission fail likewise.

Such a stupid thing...

LOL!

KAT

KAT

Rookie

• Members
  • 46 posts
Rammed my friend, John, with an A-10; he was flying an F-14... I survived, it took him out, though. Boy, was he mad.

AdvancedGhostEye

AdvancedGhostEye

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts
Probably the dumbest this I've done in this game is not listen to AWACS during the Deep Strike mission. I was shot down about 3 seconds later due to Stonehenge's attacks.

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Something else from me, and it is something I am trying now- S rank F-5E run on Ace. The F-4 actually is better overall, so I am using the F-5 due to weaker armor, weaker Air to Ground, and less ammo count. Megalith is going to suck.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
It is, however, a bit more maneuverable.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
And faster.

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

It is, however, a bit more maneuverable.

And faster.

I did say better overall, guys :lol: that includes the its stronger weapons loadout that the F-4 gets over the F-5

Oh, and so far managed to S rank all the way up to Comona, which was so barely off an S. Somehow managing to do better (as in, hitting the S rank/killing all targets in ground attack missions) faster than when I use a plane like the Su37 :blink: Killed everything in Lifeline without a single reload, and then took everything out in Invincible fleet with five minutes to spare.

Edited by ReaperKallina, 01 May 2012 - 09:02 PM.

Yellow13Owner

Yellow13Owner

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts
Wasting all my missiles trying to shoot down those friggin Yellows in mission "Lifeline"

Wolkenritter

Wolkenritter

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I clearly remember an ill-fated attempt at dive-bombing the Erusean battleship in Siege of Farbanti. I came in at a near-vertical angle of attack and nailed the thing with an FAEB, and I just barely managed to level off in time...right before I slammed into a bridge.

There were also a few times when I flew right into the beach during high-speed attack runs in Operation Bunker Shot, as well as at least two occasions when I flew into buildings in Emancipation while trying to take out the Erusean ground forces.

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
I forgot to blow up the final missile Megalith an literally flew straight into the top hatch thinking, "why the fuck are those doors not opening!!!!"

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Going up to Megalith with a F-4E, had to go to resupply and got shot down attacking the last Yellow.

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
Megalith in an F-4 is awesome scary and thrilling all at the same time.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Yeah, now I've done Missions 1-5, 7, 13, 18 with the F-4E.

Aren't my bests, but is quite fun!

Just Flying

Just Flying

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Going full after burners in the tunnels of Megalith...it's not like it's hard or what, but I slammed into the generator first before the missile reached it XD

My older brother who was better in this game flew inside a tunnel of Megalith having the plane flew upside down. Either skill or stupidity, but eh he pulled it off.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
This is something fun happened me:

Last Stonehenge cannon destroyed, I flew above it (so this time it didn't fall into me)...

MISSION FAILED

I saw the replay and this time it rose up and I bumped into it.

And here's the funny part, my cousin was playing on VERY EASY and he asked me to end the mission.

I crashed in very easy?! VERY EASY?! I'm feeling n00b!

Edited by Chopper15, 08 July 2012 - 06:46 PM.

mobius1ace

mobius1ace

Noob

• Members
  • 4 posts
lol the stupidest thing that I tried to do was take down the yellow squadron on expert difficulty with the F-4.

lets just say, I didn't last long..

Edited by mobius1ace, 13 July 2012 - 10:18 AM.

Reaper_001

Reaper_001

Rookie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Hows about this? One time on megalith, I tried to fly through the little openings (on the ceiling in one of the first hallways you have to fly into).

I managed to pull that once....failed the second time..

A380

A380

Rookie

• Members
  • 29 posts

I have 3. The first was Megalith. I flew the F-18C. I got all the Yellows, destroyed the first 2 missles, got the Ace (i cant remember the name). But when i wen after the last missle....crash, right into the missile. On the mission over Farbanti (with the Hornet again), i was flying full speed at low level, well i went after the battleship and ended up an accidental kamakazi into the thing, at Mach 2. the 3rd was a carrier landing. perfect pattern, but i stalled and got wet.