Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Your Favorite Fictional Aircraft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Fictional Plane

1. APALIS (1 votes [2.00%])

Percentage of vote: 2.00%

2. FREGATA (3 votes [6.00%])

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

3. XFA-27 (15 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

4. CARIBURN (11 votes [22.00%])

Percentage of vote: 22.00%

5. FORNEUS (6 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

6. Other (next question) (14 votes [28.00%])

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

Do you perfer any "cheat" plane?

1. Yes, X-02 (17 votes [34.00%])

Percentage of vote: 34.00%

2. Yes, FALKEN (8 votes [16.00%])

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

3. Yes, Fenrir (16 votes [32.00%])

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

4. No (9 votes [18.00%])

Percentage of vote: 18.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Guest_Espin01_*

Guest_Espin01_*
  • Guests
My favorite plane in the game that I really wish could be unlocked is the Gleipnir. The first time I saw it I was like "holy crap, that thing freakin amazing!". Flying wise, I prefer the Cariburn. It has amazing mobility if tuned right, very high AA, and decent AG.

Edited by Espin01, 02 March 2008 - 12:06 AM.

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
My favorite fictional aircraft is the ADF-01 FALKEN, although I wouldn't call it a "cheat" plane. I like it because the shape of it makes it look like a spacecraft. I tuned mine so that the stats (except for speed and defense) are at the top. It's my No.2 plane, however, because my all time favorite plane is the F/A-22 Raptor.

Arken

Arken

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Fenrir. It's special weapon (forgot the abbreviation) helped me finish Mission 2 in one strike!.
XFA-27 for it's history in Scarface Mercenary Squadron.
X-02 for it's personal history in Ace Combat 04.
Anything else?

The shock missile is called the LSWM [Long-range Shock Wave Missile]

Guest_Fenrir_Pilot_666_*

Guest_Fenrir_Pilot_666_*
  • Guests
I prefer the Fregatta, its a beast! I used it in pretty much nearly every mission on ACE difficulty. The Fenrir is cool aswell, good mobiliy and good weapons loadout allthough i only use the LSWM when im bored and want to finish a mission quickly.

Yellow 01

Yellow 01

USAF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
honestly i just dont think x-02 is a "cheat" plane i just think its a super freakin awsome looking plane. that is pretty good, but it doesnt have a laser like the falken er anything.

Guest_Raptor08_*

Guest_Raptor08_*
  • Guests

honestly i just dont think x-02 is a "cheat" plane i just think its a super freakin awsome looking plane. that is pretty good, but it doesnt have a laser like the falken er anything.

My 1st is the F-22 Raptor in SP2. My 2nd is the FALKEN although I wouldn't call it a cheat plane. It's really fun to fly.

cross wing 1

cross wing 1

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts
mine has to be the xr-45 Cariburn, i tuned mine with C-Cycle engine, Sylph wing (of course) CFRP conversion, Extra hardpoint and Fenrir ECMS. it has maxed out speed and mobility, high air-to-air and slightly low air-to-ground. however, the defense of the plane is horrendous! one missile on easy (tested) will do 89% damage and the stability is worrying too; stall speed is 250mph. the mobility is also so high, it can lose control and start spinning wildly (but that’s part of the fun :D) the trade off on the Armour though is pure stealth, the CFRP gives stealth like a f-22, and the ECMS mean that the missiles has decreased accuracy. i love this setup, it might be hard to use, but once you know what to do, people will never know what hit them

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

mine has to be the xr-45 Cariburn, i tuned mine with C-Cycle engine, Sylph wing (of course) CFRP conversion, Extra hardpoint and Fenrir ECMS. it has maxed out speed and mobility, high air-to-air and slightly low air-to-ground. however, the defense of the plane is horrendous! one missile on easy (tested) will do 89% damage and the stability is worrying too; stall speed is 250mph. the mobility is also so high, it can lose control and start spinning wildly (but that’s part of the fun :D) the trade off on the Armour though is pure stealth, the CFRP gives stealth like a f-22, and the ECMS mean that the missiles has decreased accuracy. i love this setup, it might be hard to use, but once you know what to do, people will never know what hit them

Hmmm, it's been 2 years since the last post. But you added on. Hmmm, I won't bother yelling at you this time. Just pay attention to when the last person posted. IMO if the post is about 2-4 months ago it should be all good

Also how is the X-02 a "cheat" plane?

kaiju_wars

kaiju_wars

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
I like the Cariburn for some reason... I like the looks
and my favorite fictional aircraft that I've ever flown is the X-02 Wyvern...

the Falkan is okay, but I dislike overpowered aircraft.